The 9 Minute Marketing PlanHere is a process we use for creating Marketing Plans for all our clients and our business. It forms the structure of the book - Magnetic Marketing - and it's what we talk about in short presentations called The 9 Minute Marketing Plan.
Here are the stages you need to consider:
1. Situation - where are you now? You need to know your starting point, in terms of your products and services, your resources and your competitors, before you can move on.
2. Objectives - where do you want to be? Set some short, medium and long term goals for your business.
3. Strategy - how will you get there? Will you sell more of your existing services to existing clients, new services to existing clients, existing services to new clients or new services to new clients? Each strategy needs different types of marketing.
4. Targets - who are your ideal clients? They are not everyone with a pulse and a cheque book! You need to be specific.
5. Tactics - what is the best marketing to do? Don't try to do everything and don't do something that won't get your message to your ideal clients.
6. Money - how much does it cost? Work out how much you can afford to spend, before you agree to any 'special offers'.
7. Men & Women - who will do it? Do you know what you're doing, or do you need help? Do you have staff who are better at networking than you?
8. Minutes - how long will it take? Marketing is not an overnight, quick fix; you need to allow time for things to work.
9. Measurements - why should you measure? Because you need to do more of what works and less of what doesn't work. The only way you'll know what's working is by measuring your marketing.
If you'd like more details on the stages of the 9 Minute Marketing Plan, you can order your copy of Magnetic Marketing and work through them to create your Marketing Plan - click here to order it. Or you can book an in-house workshop where we will help you develop your plan. Contact us for more details.